- Anyone who is registered as a full-time student at ITU (except undergraduate students in English preparation level).
- Previously elected students who did not engage in any Erasmus+ student exchange and cancelled (withdrawn) their applications by following the cancellation procedure. (However, based on the rules of the Turkish National Agency, the students who were elected for any earlier election period at the same education level (i.e., cycle1, cycle 2, cycle3) but could not/did not participate in an Erasmus+ exchange without proving any force majeure, are subjected to 10 points of reduction on their final application scores for each exchange they did not participate.)
- The students who applied for an Erasmus+ exchange in a previous application period but were not elected/accepted.
- The students, who benefited from an Erasmus+ exchange with grant support in a different education level, can once again participate in an Erasmus+ exchange without facing any reduction. However, based on the rules of the Turkish National Agency, the students who were elected for an earlier election period at the same education level (i.e., cycle1, cycle 2, cycle3) and participated in Erasmus+ exchange (regardless of either in a student mobility or a traineeship mobility), are subjected to 10 points of reduction on their final application scores for each exchange they have participated. The rule of “10 points reduction” is not applied to the students who took part in an Erasmus+ exchange while they were studying in a previous education level. It is applied for the students who previously participated in an Erasmus+ exchange within the same education level.
NOTE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, some students who had been entitled to the 2019-2020 and 2020- 2021 Academic Years Erasmus+ Mobility, could have not started their mobility or forced to return to Turkey after they started the mobility in the host institutions, or had to complete the mobility online extraordinarily. Those students are excempt from -10 reduction, according to Turkish National Agency Decision. It is important for students in this situation to contact our office immediately if they see a -10 reduction of their final application points during the application process.
- Students who intend to participate in an Erasmus+ exchange in the country of their citizenship (-10 points will be deducted from their final scores, if the student prefers his/her home country in the preference list).
- Disabled students: 10 points will be added to those students who provide official health report from the hospitals authorized by Turkish Ministry of Health during their applications to ITU.
- 10 points will be added to those students who are entitled to protection, care or shelter within the scope of Social Services Law No. 2828. Those students must provide official documents issued by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Service during their applications to ITU Erasmus Office.
- Children of martyrs/veterans: According to the 21. clause of Anti-Terror Law (law no: 3713 dated 12.04.1991) and according to the Article 7 of the Decree Law No. 667 of 23 July 2016; to the people (and their spouses and children) who have been killed or disabled due to the coup attempt and the terrorist act on 15 July 2016 and in the continuation of these events, 15 points will be added to the final scores of those students who can provide both the original and the copy of the official Martyr/Veteran Family card issued by the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services.
IMPORTANT! Due to the 21/11/2017 dated statement given by Turkish Counsel of Higher Education (YÖK), the foreign students who have Turkish Scholarships (Türkiye Bursları), will have to temporarily cancel their scholarships (during the period of exchange programme) in order to apply to international exchange programmes.
- The evaluation will be made based on Turkish National Agency rules and ITU Senate decisions; those applications, which cannot fulfill the election criteria will not be taken into evaluation.
- The participation of undergraduate students, who are registered to their 7th and 8th semesters, depends on the approval of their Department Erasmus Coordinators due to the requirements of the graduation project. The final project may not be taken during the Erasmus+ exchange mobility.
- Each student who was selected as an Erasmus+ exchange student must benefit from his/her right within the relevant academic exchange period under the quotas of the Department/Programme s/he is elected for. The student, who gave up his/her exchange right by following the cancellation procedure (regardless of the cancellation reason), cannot transfer that right to the following exchange period(s). Nevertheless, the student can still apply for another Erasmus+ exchange in the following application periods. However, s/he will again be subjected to election processes.
- Under the terms of Turkish National Agency, the students, who were elected to be an Erasmus+ exchange student but did not benefit from this right and did not carry out the cancellation procedure in the previous academic years, will be subjected to a 10 point reduction from their final election scores for the 2020-2021 applications.
- Double Major students can apply to Erasmus+ exchange only for single programme. Double Major students who have graduated from one programme can apply for Erasmus+ for the other registered programme.